At Palette Skills, we are committed to fostering open and respectful communication within our online community. Our social media platforms provide a space for dialogue and feedback. To ensure that these spaces remain safe and inclusive, we have established this Public-Facing Social Media Moderation Policy. By engaging with our social media channels, you accept the terms outlined here.
This policy applies to Palette Skills’ official social media channels, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok and YouTube. More specifically, it applies to comments, posts, and direct messages on our official social media channels, including community groups, 1:1 DMs, comment threads, and more. We expect our community to engage within the defined scope. We aim to maintain these platforms as valuable spaces for constructive engagement and information sharing.
- Respectful Discourse: We encourage open discussions, including constructive criticism. All interactions should be respectful, adhering to our community guidelines. We believe in the power of respectful and constructive dialogue to help us grow and improve as an organization.
- Inflammatory or Accusatory Criticism: Comments that are inflammatory, accusatory, or pose a risk to our organization’s reputation will be escalated to our moderation team.
- Inflammatory Content or Defamation: Any content that is inflammatory or defamatory towards our partners, competitors, or any individuals will not be tolerated.
- Spam and Discrimination: Hate speech, discriminatory content, harassment, or spam will be promptly removed. We have a zero-tolerance policy for any form of discrimination or hate speech.
- Confidential Information: Comments, direct messages (DMs), or posts containing confidential or sensitive information about our organization, employees, or clients should not be shared publicly. Such content will be removed.
- Commercial Promotions: Self-promotion or promotion of unrelated businesses or services unrelated to our organization’s mission is discouraged. Comments or posts solely for promotional purposes may be removed.
Reporting Inappropriate Content or Behaviors:
We encourage our community members to report inappropriate content or behaviors through the platform’s reporting tools. Alternatively, you can reach out to us directly at email@example.com with any concerns or questions.
Palette Skills’ social media accounts may follow and share posts from accounts related to our work that we believe our followers may find interesting. However, the reposting of content does not constitute endorsements. We are not responsible for the content of third-party websites and accounts, and any reposts should not be interpreted as endorsements.
Please note that individual staff members associated with Palette Skills may have their own personal social media presence. Any content they post under their personal capacity does not represent any official position of Palette Skills, even if they are professionally affiliated with our organization.
Review and Amendment:
This policy was approved in November 2023. This moderation policy is subject to regular review and may be updated to adapt to changing circumstances or community needs. Any updates will be documented publicly once approved.
We appreciate your active participation in the Palette Skills community. By following this moderation policy, we aim to create an inclusive, safe, and engaging environment on our social media platforms. Thank you for being part of our mission to make learning and collaboration accessible to all.