Palette is a Canadian not-for-profit with a mission to help fast-growing companies meet their hard-to-find talent needs by identifying high potential individuals and utilizing rapid reskilling to prepare them for these roles. We started operations just over two years ago in Ontario and expanding nationally with both new and existing training programs.
As a Program Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the program design, development and delivery for existing and new programs within the province. You will also lead a team responsible for delivering the cohorts, providing an exemplary experience for both employers and program participants.
We seek someone who is creative, is not scared to try new things, and is excited to design, develop and implement new types of skills enhancing programming. You must be strategic yet not afraid to roll up your sleeves. This role will require you to be an effective communicator and comfortable dealing with senior executives across a variety of organizations. Someone who is autonomous, curious, able to analyze and synthesize outcomes, learns from data and customer feedback and has ideas on how to respond to opportunities would thrive in this role. You must also be comfortable with the ambiguity and uncertainty that comes with an early-stage organization and building a new program.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Develop the overall strategy and the project plan for programs launched in the province and region to ensure all aspects of our offerings are impactful and positions program participants for maximal success
- Work collaboratively with the employer partner team to identify ideal hiring partner companies and develop a strategy to target these companies.
- Nurture relationships with existing hiring partners as well as any new hiring partners onboarded to understand how they see a top performer and ensure the program structure is aligned with their expectations.
- Work closely with the program participant recruitment team to develop a strategy that targets appropriate talent pools, evaluates applicants, and onboards those accepted into the program
- Work closely with program instructors and employers to develop and iterate the training curriculum
- Oversee all aspects of program delivery including classroom training, case studies, hands-on case studies from industry partners and industry networking events
- Manage the post-program job placement process including ensuring program participants have a smooth transition from the training program to the work placement and that they feel supported during the job searching process
- Track participant progress and highlight to the team when a participant isn’t doing well or falling out of communication
- Collect feedback from employers, participants, and training partners and analyze trends based on outcomes
- Share program insights with key stakeholders
- Remain up-to-date on competitor offerings and ensure our training program continues to be differentiated and what employers are looking for
- Identify and implement best practices in program design including virtual learning and connecting employers with job seekers in meaningful ways
- Build an ongoing program alumni network
We realize this seems like a lot — and it is. While you’ll lead this work, you won’t do it alone — you’ll have resources from Palette to support you.
You should have experience in building a program or a product as well as project management and building and managing a team. You should also have proven success in building and managing external partnerships. Working knowledge of adult learning theory would be an asset but is not necessary. Fluency in both French and English is also an asset.
You will report directly to the Director of Operations at Palette. We are all ready to support you and make sure that you have everything you need to succeed – budget, resources, access, subject matter expertise in program design etc.
Candidates can expect a highly competitive base salary, annual bonus and benefits. The specific compensation package will depend on the experience level of the candidate.