Palette is a national not-for-profit that trains Canadians for careers in growing industries. Since our launch just over two years ago, we have created two skilling programs: SalesCamp and the Accelerated Cyber Security Training Program. While these sectors are different from each other, our approach is the same: to train and connect individuals with the foundational skills to employers who are struggling to find in-demand talent. Our approach has resulted in 96% of graduates from our flagship SalesCamp program receiving a job offer upon program completion.
We’re looking for a forward-thinking Sales Trainer to elevate our SaleCamp Program. Reporting to the Program Manager, this person will train participants in our flagship Salescamp program across Canada, remotely.
The Sales Trainer will play a high-impact role in evolving our existing training materials, approaches and measures. If you’re passionate about teaching and training development, we want to hear from you.
Please note: This is a part-time role that will transition to full-time work. Part-time work would include working up to 6 days in a row (Monday to Friday and the following Monday, 8 hours a day) with weeks off in between programs.
- Facilitate and help develop effective and engaging “Sales BootCamp” experiences providing participants with hands-on training, coaching, and guidance
- Share skills, tools, and processes to enable all aspects of career transition (foundational skill-building, interviewing, and confidence-building)
- Actively evaluate participant engagement and understanding, providing direct feedback and support as needed
- Facilitate and and implement virtual and in-person learning/networking opportunities for the Palette SalesCamp program
- Maintain and update training material and curriculum resources in conjunction with other Palette facilitators.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training programs; evaluation involves using such methods as surveys, questionnaires, interviews and observation, then using the results to plan future courses or to amend existing ones
- 4+ years of comprehensive B2B/B2C sales experience (sales enablement an asset)
- Level of high energy experience facilitating classrooms both in-person and remotely
- Passionate about coaching others to drive engagement and performance
- Excellent public speaking, presentation, teaching, facilitating, and writing skills.
- Proficiency with modern communication tools (Zoom, Slack, G-Suite, etc.)
- Experience preferred with adult learning principles and methodologies
- Career Development & Career Coaching experience is an asset
How We Hire
At Palette we hire bright people who want to make a big impact. If it looks like there’s a match, you’ll have a phone chat and then a couple of interviews with the team. We’ll take you through a quick analysis of your capabilities (not doing free work for us), after which we can discuss an offer. We believe in moving fast and will be interviewing candidates on a rolling basis until the position is closed.
Palette embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. If there is anything we can do to create a more comfortable application experience for you, please let us know.