Palette is a national not-for-profit that trains Canadians for careers in growing industries. Since our launch just over two years ago, we have created two skilling programs: SalesCamp and the Accelerated Cyber Security Training Program. While these sectors are different from each other, our approach is the same: to train and connect individuals with the foundational skills to employers who are struggling to find in-demand talent. Our approach has resulted in 96% of graduates from our inaugural SalesCamp program receiving a job offer upon program completion.
Delivering a smooth experience for both our program participants and hiring partners is critical to Palette’s success. This is why we’re looking for a motivated, organized and results-driven Programs Officer. You will be working closely with our Program Managers to manage the operations aspects of Palette programs. This includes, but is not limited to, managing the participant onboarding process, coordinating the logistics for the program, and supporting participants during the training and job searching process. You may also be asked to help out with other parts of the organization. You will thrive in this role if you are a person of all trades who likes working on a variety of deliverables, is highly organized, and enjoys a fast-paced environment
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop and/or iterate on promotional material are in place leading up to and during Palette programs.
- Manage the participant acceptance process and support the Program Managers to onboard participants into the programs.
- Build out program-specific collateral such as participant and employer welcome books, networking event notebook, and participant bio-books.
- Coordinate and manage the guest speakers or specific program workshops.
- Set up the technology that supports a virtual training environment (i.e., Zoom, Slack, storage space etc.).
- Coordinate on-site facilities (when programs are back to in-person training) such as catering requests, organizing the materials/print-outs, space set up etc.
- Assist the Program Managers to support, guide and encourage Palette grads through the job search journey after program completion including provide resume and cover letter advice, facilitating mock interviews, and be a responsive go-to for all job search matters.
- Track job offers and assists the Program Managers to analyze and evaluate results
- Write first drafts of progress reports to funders.
- Assist with ad hoc needs as they arise
What we look for in a Programs Officer
- Demonstrated experience in being a proactive problem-solver such as the ability to think and plan “five steps” ahead, especially in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- Proven track record of prioritizing what needs to get done and executing on established plans
- Meticulous attention to detail, ability to juggle multiple priorities, and unfazed when confronted with competing demands
- Strong organizational skills, resourcefulness, proven methods and systems y to manage multiple tasks at once
- Comfortable using or learning a range of software tools like Slack, Zoom, TypeForm, Google Suites, Canva and so forth
- Comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty that comes with an early-stage organization
- Thrive in an environment where you can build, develop and influence new processes.
- Willingness to learn about different industries
- The desire to take on a new challenge and willingness to learn and grow
You will report directly to the Program Managers. We are all ready to support you and make sure that you have everything you need to succeed – budget, resources, access, subject matter expertise etc.
Candidates can expect a highly competitive base salary, annual bonus and benefits. The specific compensation package will depend on the experience level of the candidate.