Position: Program Partnership Coordinator
Status: Full Time, Contract – March 31, 2024
Salary Range: $45,000 – $55,000
Location: British Columbia, Canada, Remote
Posted: June 20, 2023
About Palette Skills
Palette Skills is a national nonprofit that trains Canadians for careers in growing
industries. Since our launch we have created three successful upskilling programs:
SalesCamp, which prepares people for the world of B2B tech sales, Digital Agriculture
and Automation, and previously, Accelerated Cyber Security Training Program. While
these sectors are different from each other, our approach is the same: to train and
connect individuals with great foundational skills to employers struggling to find the
talent they need. Our model is so successful that it has resulted in 90% of graduates from
our inaugural SalesCamp program receiving a job offer after completing the program.
What makes our upskilling programs unique is that we look for potential. The Palette
Skills team assesses whether applicants have the foundational skills, the right mindset,
and the drive to take on a new career, and work in a new field. We don’t just look at
work experience in the target industry to predict success. This means we find creative
ways to find and assess our applicants.
By building partnerships with industry, Palette Skills gives innovative companies access
to traditionally untapped labour markets, and creates pathways to career growth
through demand-driven, industry-led accelerated skilling programs that lead upskilled
workers into new, high demand tech jobs.
About the Team:
● Member of the program partnership team, a key element of Palette’s Internal Programs
● Reports to the Program Partnerships Manager
● Responsible for managing all aspects of employer partner relationships for the purpose
of achieving program operational and development outcomes across all internal
What You’ll Be Doing:
● Maintain and grow relationships with employer partners, recruitment agencies, coaches,
and other industry partners
● Connect job opportunities from employer partners and recruiters with appropriate
● Manage and monitor coaching networking by reviewing participant success and
evaluating coach’s performance
● Monitors cohort-specific benchmarks to track cohort’s progress
● Recruit employers for networking events and other program interactions
● Gathering and reporting on employer impact outcome data
● Support marketing by identifying participants success stories
● Identify potential employers that fit the target profiles and collaborate with the Palette HQ
partnerships team to develop and execute on strategies to reach these groups
● Educate partners to create excitement and intent.
● Track what is working and what is not, and adjusts the approach
● Travel to attend local events (i.e., conferences, hiring events etc) to promote Palette
Skills, our programs, and other opportunities to potential hiring partners.
● Develop rapport and maintain positive relationships with program participants
● Coordinate activities with other internal programs teams, the Palette HQ partnerships
team, and other Palette divisions.
We’d Love To Hear From You If:
● Are a relationship builder that enjoys making and nurturing connections
● Have outstanding communication skills
● Are goal oriented
● Thrive in fast-paced environments
● Enjoy coordinating and interacting with lots of people
● Are a creative problem solver with a bias to action
● Bilingual English/French (preferred, not required)
Unsure If You Should Apply?
At Palette, we know that some people are less likely to apply to a job if they don’t ‘check
every box’. We encourage everyone who is motivated by Palette’s mission and the scope
of the role to reach out! Palette is an inclusive workplace and part of our mission is to
support people through career transitions. As a result, we are excited to consider all
applicants, including those with transferable skills and experiences.
Palette embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team
that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we
are, the better our work will be. If there is anything we can do to create a more
comfortable application experience for you, please let us know.
You will report directly to the Program Partnerships Manager, whose job is to support
you and make sure that you have everything you need to succeed – budget, resources,
access, subject matter expertise etc.
Benefits of being a Palette Team Member
● Remote first workplace
● Meeting Free Fridays
● Collaborative workplace culture
● 3 weeks of vacation
● 2 week end of year shut down
● 8 paid wellness days
● 100% employer covered benefits
● 4% RRSP matching
● Competitive compensation
How We Hire
At Palette Skills, we hire bright people who want to make a big impact. Email your resume along with 2-3 sentences on why you’re interested and a fit for the role to email@example.com. Once you’ve applied, if we like what we see, you’ll have a phone chat and then a couple of interviews with the team. We’ll take you through a quick analysis of your capabilities (not doing free work for us), after which we can discuss an offer. We believe in moving fast and will be interviewing candidates on a rolling basis until the position is closed.