Position: Program Partnership Coordinator
Status: Full Time, Contract – March 31, 2024
Salary Range: $45,000 – $55,000
Location: British Columbia, Canada, Remote
Posted: May 4, 2023
About Palette Skills
Palette Skills is a national nonprofit that trains Canadians for careers in growing industries. Since our launch we have created three successful upskilling programs: SalesCamp, which prepares people for the world of B2B tech sales, Digital Agriculture and Automation, and previously, Accelerated Cyber Security Training Program. While these sectors are different from each other, our approach is the same: to train and connect individuals with great foundational skills to employers struggling to find the talent they need. Our model is so successful that it has resulted in 90% of graduates from our inaugural SalesCamp program receiving a job offer after completing the program.
What makes our upskilling programs unique is that we look for potential. The Palette Skills team assesses whether applicants have the foundational skills, the right mindset, and the drive to take on a new career, and work in a new field. We don’t just look at work experience in the target industry to predict success. This means we find creative ways to find and assess our applicants.
By building partnerships with industry, Palette Skills gives innovative companies access to traditionally untapped labour markets, and creates pathways to career growth through demand-driven, industry-led accelerated skilling programs that lead upskilled workers into new, high demand tech jobs.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Maintain and grow relationships with employer partners, recruitment agencies, coaches
- Connect job opportunities from employer partners and recruiters with appropriate candidates
- Manages and monitors coaching networking by reviewing participant success and evaluating coach’s performance
- Monitors cohort-specific benchmarks to track cohort’s progress
- Supports networking events to support participants
- Responsible for updating participant success data and supports additional reports as needed
- Supports marketing by identifying participants success stories
- Research and identify potential employers that fit the target profiles and develop and execute strategies to reach these groups
- Educate partners to create excitement and intent
- Track what is working and what is not, and adjusts the approach
- Attend local events (i.e., conferences, hiring events etc) to promote Palette Skills’ programs to potential hiring partners
- Develop rapport and maintain positive relationships with program participants
- Identify individual participant needs and barriers in support of their job search
- Coordinate activities with the programs team
We’d Love To Hear From You If You Are:
- Excited by the fast-changing environment of a quickly growing company
- Adaptable – comfortable with periods of high workload followed by periods of lower workload, coinciding with the cyclical nature of program delivery
- Ability to work independently, and use mature judgment and discretion
- A self-starter who takes initiative and is unafraid to bring new ideas to the team
- Relationship-oriented with the ability to develop and maintain strong professional relationships
- Ability to work under deadlines with interruptions
- Administrative experience, organization and filing is an asset
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, attention to detail, ability to work on multiple projects at once and effectively prioritize
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills
Unsure If You Should Apply?
At Palette Skills, we know that some people are less likely to apply to a job if they don’t ‘check every box’. We encourage everyone who is motivated by Palette’s mission and the scope of the role to reach out! Palette Skills is an inclusive workplace and part of our mission is to support people through career transitions. As a result, we are excited to consider all applicants, including those with transferable skills and experiences. Palette embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. If there is anything we can do to create a more comfortable application experience for you, please let us know.
You will report directly to the Program Manager (or designate) whose job is to support you and make sure that you have everything you need to succeed – budget, resources, access, subject matter expertise etc.
Benefits of being a Palette Team Member
- Remote first workplace
- Meeting Free Fridays
- Collaborative workplace culture
- 3 weeks of vacation
- 2 week end of year shut down
- 8 wellness days
- 100% employer covered benefits
- Competitive compensation
How We Hire
At Palette Skills, we hire bright people who want to make a big impact. Email your resume along with 2-3 sentences on why you’re interested and a fit for the role to email@example.com. Once you’ve applied, if we like what we see, you’ll have a phone chat and then a couple of interviews with the team. We’ll take you through a quick analysis of your capabilities (not doing free work for us), after which we can discuss an offer. We believe in moving fast and will be interviewing candidates on a rolling basis until the position is closed.