Palette Skills and the Fields Institute have partnered to create the Accelerated Cybersecurity Training Program. This program prepares individuals with advanced degrees in quantitative disciplines for cybersecurity roles in private sector firms such as CIBC, Scotiabank and RSA. Due to the success of our initial offerings, Palette and Fields have committed to making this an ongoing program. We are seeking a Program Manager to continue to iterate and manage future cohorts.
Palette is a Canadian not-for-profit with a mission to help fast-growing companies meet their hard-to-find talent needs by identifying high potential individuals and utilizing rapid reskilling to prepare them for these roles. Fields’ mission is to provide a stimulating environment for research, innovation and education in the mathematical sciences. Together, Palette and Fields are committed to helping address the thousands of cybersecurity vacancies in Canada.
We’re different from other cybersecurity training programs because we partner with a cross-section of industry partners to design and deliver the training. In addition, by targeting individuals with advanced quantitative backgrounds we’re placing people in harder to fill but highly sought after roles in the field. Our programs are highly selective with approximately 15% of applicants admitted and our methodology is impactful with placement rates over 80%.
This is why we need you. We plan to offer at least three cohorts a year going forward. As the Cybersecurity Program Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the program. You will lead a team that includes cybersecurity instructors and the program delivery team at Palette and Fields.
We seek someone who is creative, is not scared to try new things, and is excited to design, develop and implement new types of skills enhancing programming. You must be strategic yet not afraid to roll up your sleeves. This role will require you to be an effective communicator and comfortable dealing with senior executives across a variety of organizations. Someone who is autonomous, curious, able to analyze and synthesize outcomes, learns from data and customer feedback and has ideas on how to respond to opportunities would thrive in this role. You must also be comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty that comes with an early-stage organization and building a new program. While the initial focus of the role will be on the cybersecurity program, there may be opportunities to launch and lead other new programs. This is a perfect opportunity for someone who wants to build something that matters.
What you’ll be doing
- Analyze the past two program offerings, draw on lessons learned and develop the strategy and project plan for the next iterations to ensure all aspects of future program offerings are impactful and positions program participants for maximal success
- Manage the business development representative to identify ideal hiring partner companies and develop a strategy to target these companies.
- Nurture relationships with existing hiring partners as well as any new hiring partners onboarded to understand how they see a top performer and ensure the program structure is aligned with their expectations.
- Manage the program participant recruitment team to develop a strategy that targets appropriate talent pools, evaluates applicants, and onboards those accepted into the program
- Work closely with the Fields Institute, program instructors and employers to iterate and develop the training curriculum
- Oversee all aspects of program delivery including classroom training, labs, hands-on case studies from industry partners and industry networking events
- Manage the post-program job placement process including ensuring program participants have a smooth transition from the training program to the work placement and that they feel supported during the job searching process
- Track participant progress and highlight to the team when a participant isn’t doing well or falling out of communication
- Collect feedback from employers, participants, and training partners and analyze trends based on outcomes
- Share program insights with key stakeholders
- Remain up-to-date on competitor offerings and ensure our training program continues to be differentiated and what employers are looking for
- Identify and implement best practices in program design including virtual learning and connecting employers with job seekers in meaningful ways
- Build an ongoing program alumni network
We realize this seems like a lot — and it is. While you’ll lead this work, you won’t do it alone — you’ll have resources from Palette and Fields to support you.
You should have experience in building a program or a product as well as project management and building and managing a team. You should also have proven success in building and managing external partnerships. Working knowledge of cybersecurity, as well as adult learning theory, would be an asset but is not necessary.
You will report directly to the Director of Operations at Palette and will work closely with the leadership at the Fields Institute. We are all ready to support you and make sure that you have everything you need to succeed – budget, resources, access, subject matter expertise in program design etc.
Candidates can expect a highly competitive base salary, annual bonus and benefits. The specific compensation package will depend on the experience level of the candidate.