Position: Program Coordinator
Status: Permanent Full-time
Salary range: $40,000 – $45,000
# of Positions: 1
Location: Canada, Remote
Posted: June 21, 2023
About Palette Skills
Palette Skills is a national nonprofit that trains Canadians for careers in growing industries. Since our launch we have created three successful upskilling programs: SalesCamp, which prepares people for the world of B2B tech sales, Digital Agriculture and Automation, and previously, Accelerated Cyber Security Training Program. While these sectors are different from each other, our approach is the same: to train and connect individuals with great foundational skills to employers struggling to find the talent they need. Our model is so successful that it has resulted in 90% of graduates from our inaugural SalesCamp program receiving a job offer after completing the program.
What makes our upskilling programs unique is that we look for potential. The Palette Skills team assesses whether applicants have the foundational skills, the right mindset, and the drive to take on a new career, and work in a new field. We don’t just look at work experience in the target industry to predict success. This means we find creative ways to find and assess our applicants.
By building partnerships with industry, Palette Skills gives innovative companies access to traditionally untapped labour markets, and creates pathways to career growth through demand-driven, industry-led accelerated skilling programs that lead upskilled workers into new, high demand tech jobs.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Assist with the planning, coordination and evaluation of program activities.
- Provide high level administrative support to the program team as needed such as scheduling meetings, taking meeting minutes and following up on action items as well as maintaining G-Suite filing structure.
- Support operations team with document creation and quarterly reporting (templates, draft messaging, etc).
- Coordinate team projects and meet deadlines.
- Support the program review process with internal and external stakeholders using Asana.
- Support the team with continuous improvements to the program operations and processes.
- Coordinate with internal teams to ensure smooth operations of the rolling intake of applications.
- Coordinate with internal teams for program-related communications.
- Triage submissions on the registration portal.
- Other tasks as assigned.
We’d Love To Hear From You If You Are:
- Excited by the fast-changing environment of a quickly growing company
- Adaptable – comfortable with periods of high workload followed by periods of lower workload, coinciding with the cyclical nature of program delivery
- Experience with Zoom, GSuite, Microsoft and familiarity with Slack
- Ability to work independently, and use mature judgment and discretion
- A self-starter who takes initiative and is unafraid to bring new ideas to the team
- Administrative experience with organizing files, scheduling meetings and maintaining program timelines.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to work on multiple projects at once and effectively prioritize tasks
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills
Unsure If You Should Apply?
At Palette, we know that some people are less likely to apply to a job if they don’t ‘check every box’. We encourage everyone who is motivated by Palette’s mission and the scope of the role to reach out! Palette is an inclusive workplace and part of our mission is to support people through career transitions. As a result, we are excited to consider all applicants, including those with transferable skills and experiences.
Palette embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. If there is anything we can do to create a more comfortable application experience for you, please let us know.
You will report directly to the Senior Manager of Operations (or designate), whose job is to support you and make sure that you have everything you need to succeed – budget, resources, access, subject matter expertise etc.
Benefits of being a Palette Team Member
- Remote first workplace
- Meeting Free Fridays
- Collaborative workplace culture
- 3 weeks of vacation
- 2 week end of year shut down
- 8 paid wellness days
- 100% employer covered benefits
- 4% RRSP matching
- Competitive compensation
How We Hire
At Palette we hire bright people who want to make a big impact. Email your resume along with 2-3 sentences on why you’re interested and a fit for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you’ve applied, if we like what we see, you’ll have a phone chat and then a couple of interviews with the team. We’ll take you through a quick analysis of your capabilities (not doing free work for us), after which we can discuss an offer. We believe in moving fast and will be interviewing candidates on a rolling basis until the position is closed.