Position: Program Assistant – Saskatchewan
Salary: $40,000 – $45,000
Status: Full Time, Contract until March 31, 2023
Program: Automation and Digital Agriculture Specialist Program
Posted: November 15, 2022
Palette Skills is a national not-for-profit that helps organizations access untapped labour markets and create pathways to career growth through demand-driven, industry-led accelerated skilling programs. Palette Skills trains Canadians for careers in growing industries. We create upskilling programs to train and connect individuals with the foundational skills to employers who are struggling to find in-demand talent. Our unique approach has resulted in 96% of graduates receiving job offers.
Join us to work in a fast-paced, innovative environment and be a part of an outstanding success story with a strong mission to help Canadians achieve career growth. We are looking for a Program Assistant based in Saskatchewan to support our Automation and Digital Agriculture program. Under the overall direction of the Digital Agriculture Program Manager, you will be responsible for developing cohort-specific materials, supporting program logistics, and participant onboarding.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Managing participant onboarding by sending out the program’s welcome package and organizing and tracking completed forms.
- Creating calendar holds, zoom links, and slack workspaces for each cohort.
- Supporting the facilitator by taking attendance, managing breakout sessions, distributing materials, and other duties as needed during the core week and post program.
- Collaborating with the business development team and the participant success lead to support networking events.
- Collaborating with the Programs team to support participant success in the program.
- Other duties as assigned.
We’d Love To Hear From You If You Are:
- Excited by the fast-changing environment of a quickly growing company
- Adaptable – comfortable with periods of high workload followed by periods of lower workload, coinciding with the cyclical nature of program delivery
- Experience with Zoom, GSuite, and familiarity with Slack.
- Ability to work independently, and use mature judgment and discretion.
- A self-starter who takes initiative and is unafraid to bring new ideas to the team.
- Ability to work under deadlines with interruptions.
- Administrative experience, organization and filing is an asset.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to work on multiple projects at once and effectively prioritize.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills. Empathetic and a good listener.
You will report directly to the Program Manager whose job is to support you and make sure that you have everything you need to succeed – budget, resources, access, subject matter expertise etc.
Candidates can expect a highly competitive base salary, annual bonus and benefits. The specific compensation package will depend on the experience level of the candidate.
How We Hire
At Palette Skills, we hire bright people who want to make a big impact. Palette Skills embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. If there is anything we can do to create a more comfortable application experience for you, please let us know.
Ready to apply?
Email your resume and a short cover letter on why you’re interested and a fit for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you’ve applied, if we like what we see, you’ll have a phone chat and then an online (Zoom) interview with the team after which we can discuss an offer. We believe in moving fast and will be interviewing candidates on a rolling basis until the position is closed.