Position: Partnership Manager
Status: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: $60,000 – $70,000
# of positions: 1
Location: Alberta, Canada, Remote
Posted: July 5, 2023
Palette Skills is a national nonprofit that trains Canadians for careers in growing industries. Since our launch we have created three successful upskilling programs: SalesCamp, which prepares people for the world of B2B tech sales, Digital Agriculture and Automation, and previously, Accelerated Cyber Security Training Program. While these sectors are different from each other, our approach is the same: to train and connect individuals with great foundational skills to employers struggling to find the talent they need. Our model is so successful that it has resulted in 90% of graduates from our inaugural SalesCamp program receiving a job offer after completing the program.
What makes our upskilling programs unique is that we look for potential. The Palette Skills team assesses whether applicants have the foundational skills, the right mindset, and the drive to take on a new career, and work in a new field. We don’t just look at work experience in the target industry to predict success. This means we find creative ways to find and assess our applicants.
By building partnerships with industry, Palette Skills gives innovative companies access to traditionally untapped labour markets, and creates pathways to career growth through demand-driven, industry-led accelerated skilling programs that lead upskilled workers into new, high demand tech jobs.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Research and identify organizations that fit the profile of target partners based on Palette’s partnership strategy, and develop and execute outreach and relationship building approaches for these targets
- Nurture partnership prospects, across various industries and sectors, converting from lead to engaged and active partner
- Identify marketing vehicles and potential target marketing opportunities, working in tandem with the partnership and marketing teams to develop and test marketing materials to effectively engage and convert prospective partner organizations
- Manage partner lead through Palette’s CRM system and follow-up as required, tracking touchpoints and KPI’s
- Track which strategies work and which do not and continually adjust the recruitment approach to maximize successes
We’d Love To Hear From You If You Are:
- An effective communicator and would enjoy interacting with prospective hiring partners via phone, email, online and in-person presentations and meetings
- Empathetic with and can speak knowledgeably with CEOs/founders, HR and business managers across different industry verticals
- Willing to continually better understand our hiring partners, the industry they work in and their hiring challenges
- Comfortable developing sourcing strategies as you are executing them
- Curious and are able to take in evidence, integrate information from multiple sources, derive meaning from data, and make critical decisions in a timely manner
- Comfortable with ambiguity. We are still in the early days in understanding the right hiring partners to target. You will play the lead role in shaping our strategy
- Able to prioritize work to maximize probability of achieving cohorts of engaged hiring partners
Unsure If You Should Apply?
At Palette, we know that some people are less likely to apply to a job if they don’t ‘check every box’. We encourage everyone who is motivated by Palette’s mission and the scope of the role to reach out! Palette is an inclusive workplace and part of our mission is to support people through career transitions. As a result, we are excited to consider all applicants, including those with transferable skills and experiences.
Palette embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. If there is anything we can do to create a more comfortable application experience for you, please let us know.
You will report directly to the Director of Industry Partnerships, whose job is to support you and make sure that you have everything you need to succeed – budget, resources, access, subject matter expertise etc.
Benefits of being a Palette Team Member
- Remote first workplace
- Meeting Free Fridays
- Collaborative workplace culture
- 3 weeks of vacation
- 2 week end of year shut down
- 8 paid wellness days
- 100% employer covered benefits
- 4% RRSP matching
- Competitive compensation
How We Hire
At Palette we hire bright people who want to make a big impact. Email your resume along with 2-3 sentences on why you’re interested and a fit for the role to email@example.com. Once you’ve applied, if we like what we see, you’ll have a phone chat and then a couple of interviews with the team. We’ll take you through a quick analysis of your capabilities (not doing free work for us), after which we can discuss an offer. We believe in moving fast and will be interviewing candidates on a rolling basis until the position is closed.