Position: Participant Success Coordinator — Atlantic Canada
Status: 1 year fixed term contract
Salary range: $55,000 – $60,000
# of Positions: 1
Location: Atlantic Canada, Remote
Posted: June 20, 2023
About Palette Skills
Palette Skills is a national nonprofit that trains Canadians for careers in growing industries. Since our launch we have created three successful upskilling programs: SalesCamp, which prepares people for the world of B2B tech sales, Digital Agriculture and Automation, and previously, Accelerated Cyber Security Training Program. While these sectors are different from each other, our approach is the same: to train and connect individuals with great foundational skills to employers struggling to find the talent they need. Our model is so successful that it has resulted in 90% of graduates from our inaugural SalesCamp program receiving a job offer after completing the program.
What makes our upskilling programs unique is that we look for potential. The Palette Skills team assesses whether applicants have the foundational skills, the right mindset, and the drive to take on a new career, and work in a new field. We don’t just look at work experience in the target industry to predict success. This means we find creative ways to find and assess our applicants.
By building partnerships with industry, Palette Skills gives innovative companies access to traditionally untapped labour markets, and creates pathways to career growth through demand-driven, industry-led accelerated skilling programs that lead upskilled workers into new, high demand tech jobs.
About the Team:
- Member of the Participant Success file on the Participant Experience Team
- Reports directly to the Participant Success Manager
- Supports the central recruitment team for internal Palette Programs
- Responsible for executing participant success activities as directed
- Collaborates with the Participant Experience team, other business units, and departments to assist and execute strategic tasks and projects
- Collaborates with the participant success team to forecast, plan, and execute recruitment activities to meet recruitment targets
- Identifies and communicates all critical issues to protect the integrity of our internal programming
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Collaborates as a centralized member of the participant success team, supporting Palette Skills programs and implementing centralized participant success strategies and tailored program strategies
- Collaborates with the Participant Success Manager to design, implement, and execute common job support activities
- Collaborates with the Research and Evaluation team to coordinate data collection and documentation as needed.
- Monitors cohort-specific progress as needed and communicates progress with Program Manager and Participant Success Manager
- Contributes to meeting placement targets by executing participant success activities
- Connects with relevant organizations to connect participants with wrap-around support as directed by the Participant Success Manager in consultation with the partnerships group and Program Managers
- Escalates participant success and behaviour concerns to Program Manager and Participant Success Manager as needed
- Executes intervention and accommodation plans in collaboration with the program team and Participant Success Manager
- Manages participant success communications with assigned participants, including providing regular updates and responding to their inquiries
- Logs and documents participant interactions in CRM in alignment with operating standards
- Supports marketing by identifying participant success stories
- Creating a warm, professional environment for participants
- Supports other tasks and projects as needed
We’d Love to Hear From You If:
- An empathetic listener who likes to get to the root of the problem by asking questions
- Able to lead conversations with good judgment and tact
- Knowledgeable on job search strategies and best practices (personal experience counts!)
- A strong communicator both verbally and in writing
- Detail-oriented and able to follow documentation processes
- Organized and effective at managing your time independently
- Excited to join a fast-paced, mission-driven organization, with a vision to create a more inclusive economy where businesses and Canadians can achieve their full potential
- Familiar with GSuite, Asana, HubSpot, Survey Monkey, and/or Slack
- Bilingual preferred
Unsure If You Should Apply?
At Palette, we know that some people are less likely to apply to a job if they don’t ‘check every box’. We encourage everyone who is motivated by Palette’s mission and the scope of the role to reach out! Palette is an inclusive workplace and part of our mission is to support people through career transitions. As a result, we are excited to consider all applicants, including those with transferable skills and experiences.
Palette embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. If there is anything we can do to create a more comfortable application experience for you, please let us know.
You will report directly to the Participant Success Manager, whose job is to support you and make sure that you have everything you need to succeed – budget, resources, access, subject matter expertise etc.
Benefits of being a Palette Team Member
- Remote first workplace
- Meeting Free Fridays
- Collaborative workplace culture
- 3 weeks of vacation
- 2 week end of year shut down
- 8 paid wellness days
- 100% employer covered benefits
- 4% RRSP matching
- Competitive compensation
How We Hire
At Palette we hire bright people who want to make a big impact. Email your resume along with 2-3 sentences on why you’re interested and a fit for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you’ve applied, if we like what we see, you’ll have a phone chat and then a couple of interviews with the team. We’ll take you through a quick analysis of your capabilities (not doing free work for us), after which we can discuss an offer. We believe in moving fast and will be interviewing candidates on a rolling basis until the position is closed.