Position: IT Specialist
Status: 3 month contract (with possibility of extension)
Posted: June 29, 2022
Deadline: July 6, 2022
Palette is a national not-for-profit that trains Canadians for careers in growing industries. Since our launch just over two years ago, we have created two skilling programs: SalesCamp and the Accelerated Cyber Security Training Program. We are now looking to expand into Automation and Digital Agriculture. While these sectors are different from each other, our approach is the same: to train and connect individuals with the foundational skills to employers who are struggling to find in-demand talent. We are extremely proud that our approach has resulted in 96% of graduates from our flagship SalesCamp program receiving a job offer upon program completion.
What You’ll Be Doing
We are looking for a motivated, organized and results-driven IT Specialist. You will be working closely with our team to provide your IT expertise in a number of areas, including but not limited to: user support, system evaluation, information security, and database management. You may also be asked to help out with other parts of the organization. You will thrive in this role if you are a person who likes working on a variety of deliverables, is highly organized, and enjoys a fast-paced environment.
The key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
Manage Workplace IT Systems and User Support
- Install, configure and maintain workplace application systems
- Support employee on-boarding and off-boarding, including workstation configuration, distribution and retrieval of workstations, inventory of internal licenses and access to IT systems
- On-going evaluation of IT systems to ensure systems meet the needs of users
- Setup hardware and software systems
- Diagnose and troubleshoot connectivity issues or data access problems
- Help users access shared drives and devices
- Support data migration and organization-wide system changes
- Provide training to new employees and other training sessions as required
Manage Information Security
- Monitor access logs and build database security procedures
- Help to develop and implement data security policies
- Conduct periodic data audits and backups to prevent information loss and unauthorized access
- Maintain database architectures to ensure data is correctly stored and easily accessible
- Setup and manage security permissions during migrations, backups and day-to-day use
- Support enterprise-wide database access
- 2-5 years of experience supporting IT systems
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft 365, Windows 10 and 11 operating systems, Active Directory, Exchange/Office 365
- Experience with both Windows and Apple (Mac) devices
- Problem solving skills – troubleshooting and resolving issues
- Good communication and time management skills
- Certification or equivalent in Information Technology
- Ability to provide support off-hours for emergency situations
- Customer focus
- Excellent communication skills
- Team Work
- Quality orientation
- Time Management
- Creating and Innovative Thinking
- Decision Making and Judgment
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Results Focus
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ethics and Integrity
You will report directly to the Director of IT and Information Management (or designate). We are all ready to support you and make sure that you have everything you need to succeed – budget, resources, access, subject matter expertise etc.
Candidates can expect a highly competitive base salary, annual bonus and benefits. The specific compensation package will depend on the experience level of the candidate.
Ready to apply?
Email your resume and a short cover letter on why you’re interested and a fit for the role to email@example.com.
Once you’ve applied, if we like what we see, you’ll have a phone chat and then an online (Zoom) interview with the team after which we can discuss an offer. We believe in moving fast and will be interviewing candidates on a rolling basis until the position is closed.
Please include the job title in the subject line.