Palette is a Canadian not-for-profit with a mission to help fast growing companies meet their hard-to-find talent needs by identifying high potential individuals and utilizing rapid reskilling to prepare them for these roles. We started operations just over two years ago in Ontario. We’re now launching our national expansion plan. We believe that we can be the solution to help Canada re-tool for success during and post the COVID-era. We have the ambitions and plans to train 10X more people across the country in the next three years.
We’re looking for a motivated and results-driven Head of Marketing & Communications to help us get there. Responsibilities include developing and executing the communications strategy, crafting key messages and narratives for various audiences and designing and implementing marketing strategies to attract potential program participants. We know this is a lot — and it is. Someone who is comfortable with big picture thinking and getting stuff done will thrive in this role. Palette is a fast-growing startup on the cusp of significant expansion and this is an exciting and rare opportunity to directly shape and contribute to that growth.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop the strategic communications plan (objectives and tactics) to increase Palette’s visibility to each of its key audiences and stakeholders (e.g., funders, hiring partners, potential candidates, alumni, other thought-leaders, the general public, etc.).
- Develop key messages, narratives and positioning for each of Palette’s key audiences and stakeholders.
- Own the implementation and execution of the strategic communications plan.
- Develop and implement marketing plans to promote programs, events and/or initiatives that support strategic objectives
- Identify opportunities to promote programs and initiatives including identifying potential target markets
- Identify organizations that share a similar audience or mandate and develop collaboration opportunities to expand outreach to new markets and audiences
- Develop content for marketing and promotional materials, including brochures, newsletters, presentation decks, op-eds, email campaigns, websites, webinars, blogs and other relevant content as needed. .
- Work closely with the Digital Marketing Specialist to build out and manage Palette’s social media presence on all key platforms including those where Palette does not currently have a presence; monitor performance for optimization.
- Ensure Palette’s website is up to date and with new and relevant content posted regularly.
- Conceptualize, organize and execute events including developing an event plan, managing logistical details and liaising with internal stakeholders and vendors to ensure logistics are carried out according to the event plan.
- Build relationships with media and pitch Palette to journalists; execute earned media strategies across both written and broadcast mediums and write press releases for the media
- Develop systems and processes to accurately track and analyze performance and provide regular performance reports to the CEO in a clear and concise way with insights and recommendations on how to continue to scale our efforts.
- Maintain overall communications calendar which includes activities and events and database of contacts
- Oversee freelancers or other resources, as needed
What we look for:
- You have a deep understanding that Palette connects fast-growing companies in Canada with the best talent with the right skills so that these companies can continue to prosper.
- You have the ability to implement and execute the strategies you recommend.
- You are an extremely strong writer with experience crafting key messages and building persuasive narratives geared towards multiple targeted audiences such as public policymakers, employers, potential program participants, and the general public.
- You are good at analyzing data, making assertions based on it and presenting it in a way that is clear and concise.
- Experience leading digital marketing for small and large organizations.
- You enjoy testing and learning and aren’t afraid to fail.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and experimentation that comes with an early-stage organization and building a new brand.
- Fluency in French is an asset
You will report directly to Palette’s CEO, Arvind Gupta, and his role is to support you and make sure that you have everything you need to succeed – budget, resources, access to the right people. You will also be collaborating closely with other members of our executive team.
Candidates can expect a highly competitive base salary, annual bonus and benefits. The specific compensation package will depend on the experience level of the candidate.
How We Hire
At Palette we hire bright people looking to make a big impact. Interested candidates should send a resume to email@example.com. Once you’ve applied, if we like what we see, you’ll have a phone chat with our recruiter, then a couple of meetings with the team. We’ll take you through a quick analysis of your capabilities (no doing free work for us), then we make an offer. We believe in moving fast.
We embrace diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. If there is anything we can do to create a more comfortable application experience for you, please let us know.