Palette is a national not-for-profit that trains Canadians for careers in growing industries. Since our launch just over two years ago, we have created two skilling programs: SalesCamp and the Accelerated Cyber Security Training Program. While these sectors are different from each other, our approach is the same: to train and connect individuals with the foundational skills to employers who are struggling to find in-demand talent. Our approach has resulted in 96% of graduates from our inaugural SalesCamp program receiving a job offer upon program completion.
What makes Palette different from other programs is that we start with employers to understand their hard-to-fill roles. We then identify adjacent talent pools and build a program that addresses the skill gaps. Our employer partners play a key role in the design, development and delivery of our programs. By being active throughout the program, the hiring partners are more likely to hire one of our program participants after the program.
Having committed and invested employers is critical for the success of our programs. This is why we’re looking for an Employer Partner Manager. Under the overall direction of the Director of Business Development, you will be responsible for all aspects of company recruitment: identifying, prospecting and qualifying new hiring partners through various channels for our existing and new programs. You will be our first point of contact for a potential hiring partner for the designated region. You will also support Palette in identifying and scoping opportunities in new geographical markets or skilling areas as required.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Generate new opportunities by maintaining discipline with daily research, emailing, calling and campaign activity to generate leads for each of the two programs.
- Analyze data from past Palette programs and work with the Program Managers to identify ideal hiring partner profiles for upcoming programs.
- Research and identify potential employers that fit the target profiles and develop and execute strategies to reach these groups.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop campaigns that drive demand.
- Develop, test and iterate tailored messaging (emails, phone scripts, one-pagers) for key decision-makers within an organization including CEOs, talent acquisition managers and hiring managers.
- Build out and execute the end-to-end industry partnership process – lead generation, prospecting, qualifying, following up and closing.
- Educate customers to create excitement and intent.
- Qualify new opportunities for strong customer fit and deliver high-quality leads to the Program Managers.
- Record weekly activity and conversions into the Palette CRM and report on success metrics.
- Track what is working and what is not, and adjusts the approach
- Attend local events (i.e., conferences, hiring events etc) to promote Palette programs to potential hiring partners.
We’d love to hear from you if you are:
- Comfortable developing sourcing strategies as you are executing them.
- An effective communicator and would enjoy interacting with prospective hiring partners via phone, email, online and in-person presentations and meetings.
- Empathetic with and can speak knowledgeably with CEOs/founders, HR and business managers across different industry verticals.
- Willing to continually better understand our hiring partners, the industry they work in and their hiring challenges.
- Curious and are able to take in evidence, integrate information from multiple sources, derive meaning from data, and make critical decisions in a timely manner.
- Comfortable with ambiguity. We are still in the early days of understanding the right hiring partners to target. You will play the lead role in shaping our strategy.
- Able to prioritize work to maximize the probability of achieving cohorts of engaged hiring partners.
- Fluency in both French and English is an asset
You will report directly to the Director of Business Development whose job is to support you and make sure that you have everything you need to succeed – budget, resources, access, subject matter expertise etc.
Candidates can expect a highly competitive base salary, annual bonus and benefits. The specific compensation package will depend on the experience level of the candidate.