Palette is a national not-for-profit that trains Canadians for careers in growing industries. Since our launch just over two years ago, we have created two skilling programs: SalesCamp and the Accelerated Cybersecurity Training Program. While these sectors are different from each other, our approach is the same: to train and connect individuals with the foundational skills to employers who are struggling to find in-demand talent. We are extremely proud that our approach has resulted in 96% of graduates from our flagship SalesCamp program receiving a job offer upon program completion.
Our SalesCamp program is a one-week full-time intensive followed by part-time workshops and one-on-one coaching. Each cohort has approximately 25 participants and most of them have previous customer facing experience though we screen for motivation and mindset. We are training them to work as Business Development Representatives (BDRs) and Account Executives (AEs) at tech companies. Our training is currently all virtual but we expect to move to in-person training or a hybrid model in the future.
The Career Coach is responsible to ensure that participants have a smooth transition from the classroom to job seeking and that they feel prepared and confident during this process. The Career Coach must be experienced and confident with facilitation and coaching of career related topics, including resume writing, networking, interview coaching etc. as well as can motivate people and hold them accountable during a job search. If you’re passionate about career coaching, facilitation, sales and growing and supporting people in a career transition we want to hear from you.
- Facilitate group sessions providing participants with hands-on training, coaching, and guidance on skills required to job search effectively
- Assess the participants skills and abilities, employment interest and barriers to successful employment to co-develop a 30-day action plan
- Co-mange the participants 30-day plan and providing additional coaching as required
- Reduce anxiety for participants around their job search through clear communication, motivation and accountability
- Work closely with both participants and employer partners to drive job offers
- Track participants progress and highlight to teammates and stakeholders when a participants isn’t doing well or falling out of communication
- Measure program effectiveness, identifying trends, gaps and opportunities to inform future training sessions and materials and share feedback to Curriculum Designer and Head Facilitator
- Maintain and update training material and curriculum resources in conjunction with other Palette facilitators
- Familiarity with the sales hiring landscape; previous experience working in some facet of sales or tech industry. Awareness of the job market and breadth of opportunities.
- Strong career development and coaching experience both one-on-one and small group coaching
- Energized facilitating in virtual and in-person environments and comfortable managing groups of 25 people
- Passionate about coaching others to drive results and performance. Creates a climate in which people want to do their best
- Able to give constructive, positive feedback to people of diverse professional and life backgrounds
- Previous personal job search experience, and an ability to be relatable.
- Able to manage requests and organize systems to keep track of students in various stages. Highly organized & data conscious.
- Proficiency with modern communication tools (Zoom, Slack, G-Suite, etc.)
How We Hire
At Palette we hire bright people who want to make a big impact. Interested candidates should send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with 2-3 sentences describing why you’re a fit for the role. If it looks like there’s a match, you’ll have a phone chat and then a couple of interviews with the team. We’ll take you through a quick analysis of your capabilities (not doing free work for us), after which we can discuss an offer. We believe in moving fast and will be interviewing candidates on a rolling basis until the position is closed.
Palette embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. If there is anything we can do to create a more comfortable application experience for you, please let us know.