Palette is a national not-for-profit that trains Canadians for careers in growing industries. Since our launch just over two years ago, we have created two upskilling programs: SalesCamp and the Accelerated Cybersecurity Training Program. While these sectors are different from each other, our approach is the same: to train and connect individuals with the foundational skills to employers who are struggling to find in-demand talent. Our approach has resulted in 96% of graduates from our inaugural SalesCamp program receiving a job offer upon program completion.
What makes Palette different from other programs is that we assess whether the applicant has the foundation skills, mindset and drive to transition their careers into new sectors and roles. We don’t look at pedigree and work experience in the same industry to predict success. This means we need to find creative ways and take extra care to target and assess target applicants.
At the same time, Palette Skills partners with and empowers innovative companies to access untapped labour markets, creating pathways to career growth through demand-driven, industry-led accelerated skilling programs that lead upskilled workers into new, high demand tech jobs.
In an effort to continue our momentum of motivating and engaging program participants to take a leap into new and exciting careers. We need an Participant Recruitment Manager to develop partnerships with post secondary organizations as well as local community organizations to encourage them to promote our programs. We are building our presence in Ontario and BC and are looking to hire for roles in both markets. In larger markets the role may be split and you’ll focus on one type of partner and in smaller markets you may be responsible for outreach to various partners.
Under the overall direction of the Head of Business Development, you will be responsible for all aspects of post secondary school & community partner recruitment and engagement: identifying, prospecting, qualifying, engaging and training new post secondary partners and community partners through various channels for our existing and new programs.
What you’ll be doing
- Analyze data from past Palette programs and work with the Program Managers to develop ideal program participant profiles for upcoming programs.
- Research and identify potential program applicant pools that fit the target profiles and develop and execute outreach strategies for these groups.
- Generate new opportunities by maintaining discipline with daily research, emailing, calling and campaign activity to generate leads for programs.
- Develop, test and iterate tailored messaging (emails, phone scripts, one-pagers) for key decision-makers within post secondary school/community organizations including President’s office, Director/Dean of International, Career Centre Managers, Counsellors, Executive Directors, Program Managers and Supervisors.
- Identify and develop multiple channels that efficiently maximize the outreach to potential program applicants such as through partnerships with private/public post secondary schools, local/regional/national employment agencies, career centres, training counsellors and attending local events including hiring events, conferences etc.
- Qualify new opportunities for strong customer fit and deliver high quality leads to the Program Managers. Educate customers to create excitement and intent.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop, test and iterate tailored messaging (emails, phone scripts, one-pagers) and campaigns and info sessions that educate, create excitement and drive demand from potential applicants.
- Closely monitor the applicant pipeline, through a closely monitored and disciplined approach that includes adjusting prospecting strategies as required attuned to the needs of individual Palette programs.
- Screen resumes, and identify highest potential candidates.
- Provide feedback to post secondary school partners on the accepted and rejected candidates they have recommended for our programs.
- Record weekly activity and conversions into the Palette CRM and report on success metrics.
- Track which strategies work and which do not. Continually adjust the recruitment approach to maximize successes.
We’d love to hear from you if you are:
- An effective communicator and would enjoy interacting with prospective post secondary school/community partners via phone, email, online and in-person presentations and meetings.
- Empathetic with and can speak knowledgeably with President’s offices, Director’s/Dean’s of International, Career Centre Managers, Counsellors local/regional/national employment agencies, career centres across verticals.
- Willing to continually better understand our post secondary school/community partners, the verticals they work in and their student’s/client’s hiring challenges.
- Comfortable developing sourcing strategies as you are executing them.
- Curious and are able to take in evidence, integrate information from multiple sources, derive meaning from data, and make critical decisions in a timely manner.
- Comfortable with ambiguity. We are still in the early days in understanding the right hiring partners to target. You will play the lead role in shaping our strategy.
- Able to prioritize work to maximize probability of achieving cohorts of engaged hiring partners.
You will report directly to the Head of Business Development whose job is to support you and make sure that you have everything you need to succeed – budget, resources, access, subject matter expertise etc.
Candidates can expect a highly competitive base salary, annual bonus and benefits. The specific compensation package will depend on the experience level of the candidate.
How We Hire
At Palette we hire bright people who want to make a big impact. Email your resume along with 2-3 sentences on why you’re interested and a fit for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you’ve applied, if we like what we see, you’ll have a phone chat and then a couple of interviews with the team. We’ll take you through a quick analysis of your capabilities (not doing free work for us), after which we can discuss an offer. We believe in moving fast and will be interviewing candidates on a rolling basis until the position is closed.
Palette embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. If there is anything we can do to create a more comfortable application experience for you, please let us know.